Meet Dr Karen Harris
my approach to dentistry
The face of dentistry has changed dramatically with space age materials and ultra modern technology. But todays' dentistry is more than technology. It is about you. Understanding who you are and your dental goals is an important part of the planning process.
Informed decisions about your dental care and health
I believe it's important you know your dental health status. As your dentist I will assess your mouth, teeth, gums and look at risk factors. I will then provide you with treatment and maintenance options. I will be pleased to suggest a plan that suits your lifestyle and budget. By being fully informed with good advice, you are better able to make decisions about your oral health.
Your treatment can then be completed quickly and accurately with artistic flair developed over the years in practice. I would be delighted to be given the opportunity to impact your life in a positive way. This is a truly rewarding part of Dentistry.
Keeping a confident smile on your face
Your oral health plays an important role in how you feel about yourself. It plays a significant role in how you project your personality and socialise. Having good teeth enables you to smile with confidence and express your full personality and confidence to the world.
My top ten goals for your teeth and mouth:
- They are healthy and disease free
- You keep all your teeth for life
- Your teeth function well
- You can bite and chew any foods with confidence
- They feel smooth and firm
- They are attractive looking
- Your breath is fresh and odourless
- You can speak and smile with confidence
- They are easy to clean
- Your teeth are low maintenance
About Dr Karen Harris
Karen is a graduate from the University of Otago and has been in dentistry for over 20 years, owning a top general and cosmetic practice on the Terrace in Wellington central CBD. Now she is located at Meadowbank Dental in Auckland continuing with her area of expertise in general and cosmetic dentistry.
Karen enjoys using technology and has been a Cerec dentist since 2001. She is Certified by the International Society of Computerized Dentistry in 2003 as a Cerec Trainer and has Lectured Internationally and Domestically on Cerec and Ceramic Dentistry. Since 2005 Karen has been a Laser dentist and is a Dental laser Trainer for NZ Dentists and continues to provide intermediate and advanced training for New Zealand Dentists.
- Certified as an Invisalign Provider 2005
- Member of New Zealand Dental Association
- Member of the Wellington Branch NZDA (Past president and past consumer affairs officer and committee member) Member of the Auckland Branch of NZDA
- Member NZ Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member Australian Society of Computerized Dentistry
- Past Member of Clinical Board of Lumino Dental Group for 3 years
- Special areas of Interest include single visit crowns and veneers using Cerec, CADCAM Dentistry, Dental Lasers, Adult Orthodontics